LUGARES DE INTERÉS – EL CASTILLO DE SIMANCAS (SIMANCAS)

[:es]

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.


http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:en%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:zh%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:ru%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:fr%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:pt%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:pb%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:de%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:it%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:ar%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:ja%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:pl%5D

The Castle of Simancas

In the fifteenth century the Enríquez family, Admirals of Castile, had the lordship of Simancas. They rebuilt the old Moorish fortress and from this time is the chapel. The Catholic Monarchs claimed it for the Crown and turned it into the State Prison.

Here was imprisoned and executed by strangulation the Bishop of Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, captain comunero (name given to the people who participated in the Revolt of the Comuneros) of Castile.

Philip II turned the castle into the General Archive of the Kingdom.  The surrounding wall, cubes, battlements, moat, the entrance and two bridges are from the medieval period, the late fifteenth century. The chapel was restored by Enríquez family in the 15th century; the current one is a restoration from 1950. It has a beautiful painted star-shaped vault, in which the coats of arms of the founders are depicted: Alonso Enríquez and María de Velasco. The torture chamber is also preserved.

The castle itself is a result of the reforms carried out in the 16th century by Juan de Herrera and Francisco de Mora. A lot of repairs have been carried out to preserve the building as General Archive. Among other valuable rooms, there is a fireproof chamber where most of the documents are.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:ro%5D

Castelul din Simancas


Audio en rumano

În secolul al XV – lea, familia Enriquez Almirantes de Castilla, a exercitat domnia lui Simancas. Ei au construit vechea cetate arabă și din această capelul. Regii Catolici au pretins-o pentru coroana si au transformat-o într-o închisoare de stat.

Aici a fost închis si Episcopul Zamora, Antonio de Acuma, Căpitan al Castilla, a fost executat cu garrote.


Filip al ll-lea a transformat Castelul in Arhiva Generală a Regatului. Zidul care il înconjoară, cluburile, câmpurile, șanțul, intrarea si cele doua poduri sunt din perioada medievală la sfârșitul secolului al XV – lea. Capela a fost renovată de către familia Enriquez in secolul al XV – lea, acum este o reforma a anilor 1950 a pictat o boltă înstelată frumoas unde sunt reprezentate brațele fondatorilor sai, Don Alonso Enriquez si Dona Ma de Velasco.
Camera de tortură este de asemenea păstrată.
Castelul in sine se datorează reformelor secolului al XVl – lea Juan de Herrea si Francisco de More.
Sau efectuat lucrari mari si importante pentru a conserva clădirea ca Arhiva Generală. Printre alte sejururi valorare se află o cameră incombistibila in care se afla majoritatea documentelor.

El Castillo de Simancas 


Audio español-europeo

En el siglo XV la familia Enríquez, Almirantes de Castilla, ejercían el señorío de Simancas. Reconstruyeron la vieja fortaleza árabe y de esta época es la capilla. Los Reyes Católicos la reclamaron para la corona y la convirtieron en prisión de Estado.

Aquí estuvo preso y fue ejecutado con garrote vil el obispo de Zamora, Antonio de Acuña, capitán comunero de Castilla.

Felipe II transformó el castillo en Archivo General del Reino. El muro que lo rodea, los cubos, las almenas, el foso, la entrada y dos puentes son de la época medieval, finales del siglo XV. La capilla fue reformada por la familia Enríquez en el siglo XV; la actual es una reforma de los años 1950. Tiene una hermosa bóveda estrellada pintada, donde están representadas las armas de sus fundadores: Don Alonso Enríquez y Doña Mª de Velasco. Se conserva también la cámara de tormentos.

El castillo propiamente dicho se debe a las reformas del siglo XVI, de Juan de Herrera y Francisco de Mora.

Se han efectuado grandes e importantes obras para conservar el edificio como Archivo General. Entre otras estancias valiosas existe una cámara incombustible donde están la mayoría de los documentos.

http://slroute.com/2018/06/19/simancas-3/%5B:%5D